SC - My Good News... <G>

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 18:26:19 PDT 2000

At 11:07 AM 9/4/00 -0600, you wrote:
>What's a "calf fry," or do I really want to know? <g>
>--Maire

Calf fries are male animal testicles.  A delicacy in these here parts.  My
ex-husband really liked them, so I would cook them once in awhile. My
favorite recipe:

Clean, wash and cut into bite sized pieces.  Soak in salt water several
hours or overnight. Dip in drench of 2 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup buttermilk.
Roll in mixture of 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cornmeal, 1 tsp. salt
and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper.  Deep fry in hot vegetable oil until
golden brown. (Use fresh oil, fries tend to pick up the flavor of
previously fried foods). Serve them forth!
Leanna