SC - Elizabeth David

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 17:32:44 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/8/2000 5:28:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nishamartin at yahoo.com writes:

<< I'm five months pregnant (with a few minor
 comlications), so I'm not quite sure how much extra
 work I want to take on for right now. It may be better
 for me to wait til after the baby is born
 before I offer to do an event. Can someone give me
 some advice. >>

Heading up a kitchen can be very hard work unless you can get a really
dedicated deputy, so I think you are wise to wait until after the baby is
born before offering to do so :-)

My best suggestion is to offer to assist an experienced head cook in your
area, or to act as that person's deputy and have them teach you how to do it.
 I am currently doing a similar thing for one of the ladies in our shire.  I
just find that it's the kind of thing you need to leqrn through experience
ratherthan through written instructions...

Brangwayna Morgan