SC - TI article?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Sep 9 06:24:50 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 9 Sep 00,, that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> I think the use of a glaze would lose you a lot of the finer detail. And
> one of the nice things about Brighid's peach pits was that they looked
> pretty real.

They are intended to be an illusion food, after all.  :-)

I took one as a sample in a plastic baggie to the potter who will be
making my molds.  When she took the baggie, I was surprised to see
that she handled it a bit carelessly.  Then it must have squished a little
under her fingers, because she looked startled and said, "Oh, it's
marzipan!  I thought you brought me a peach pit to study."

I suspect you're right about the glaze losing details.  The potter is
making one glazed and one unglazed, so I can tell which will work best.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net