SC - TI article?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 18:22:19 PDT 2000

On 9/8/00 3:17 PM sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
>Regina suggested that some of us on Cooks' think about writing an
>article. There's several levels going on though-
>
>1. the issue of feeding a large amount of troops- it sounds as though
>they are trying to put food in with the water and such available from
>the waterbearers. They don't do that (that I know of) in An Tir- perhaps
>this is a local thing? Around here, the fighters and/or their households
>are responsible for themselves.

Indeed, my husband, old used marshal and fighter (An Tir), had the
reaction:  This sounds like encouraging irresponsibility in the fighters!
 Encouraging them NOT to learn how to take care of themselves!
"Enabling", eh?

"They're never going to be any good as fighters unless they learn to feed
themselves anyway."  That is, if they don't learn to keep up their
calorie level throughout the day, they're always going to be running on
empty by the end of the day/tournament.  You can't really win reliably or
consistently by running on adrenaline all day.  There's not that much
adrenaline available.  So if the fighter's doing well in early rounds and
then fizzles ... now you know why!

He was NOT impressed with this well-meant "service" activity, from that
fighting perspective.  As well as the implication that it isn't possible
to keep a hygienic kitchen in camp, lack of any period content, etc., etc.

Chimene & Gerek