SC - Platina Feast

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Sep 9 14:07:40 PDT 2000

Ras declared:
> ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:
>
> << Am I just too grumpy because I've maxed out on my Ibuprofen?  >>
>
> No, you aren't. It is my intention to write the TI editor and ask him/her
> what criteria they are using to select such 'trash' articles for the magazine.

I've only had a chance to glance at this TI issue, and only then because
of the comments here on this list. However, while you may consider the
article "trash" that may not hold true for a lot of the audience. Everyone's
tolerance of non-period things differs. While there are probably a number
of period alternatives that could be suggested, it may well be that the
author of the article is unaware of them. The TI editor probably wanted
to do an issue with some food articles in it, as there are several more
articles that seem to deal with food. However, like most editors, including
myself, she is limited by what articles have been submitted.

I think the idea of submitting a followup article is a good idea. Even
better would have been an article submitted last year, so that perhaps
it would have been chosen instead of this one. Now you have the problem
of expecting the editor to run an article that fills the same niche as
one she just ran. If she runs the new one, she runs the risk of alienating
the folks who thing more than enough food articles have already been run.

Along the lines of articles, in another recent message it was stated:
> I've just added the article "Sweets and Treats of the 14thC" by Hauviette
> d'Anjou to the Middle Kingdom Culinary Collegium website at:
>
> http://mkcooks.homestead.com/Article7.html

> Lady Luveday Tyreman

This is just the sort of article I think that I would like to have for
the Florilegium. Hauviette, especially if this Collegium site is one that
will disappear after the collegium is over, may I add this article to
the Florilegium?

Stefan

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net