SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 10 21:00:33 PDT 2000

Maire wrote:

> Cool idea.  Perhaps there could be several for, oh, different regions,
> or main parts of the corpus (is that the right word?), or different time
> periods.  That way, people could, if they wished, choose to use
> things/prepare things more appropriate for their persona.
> --Maire

Yes, I considered if we came up with enough for more than one edition,
we could divide them chronologically or regionally. That is also the
reason for multiple indices, one by geography, another by date and/or
date of source document, the third by major ingredient (chicken, beef,
eel, gonads....). I think the potential layperson users will be looking
for recipes appropriate for either their time or place, depending on
what they feel is more significant to them. Not that I expect a whole
lot of variation between, say 15th century Burgundian cuisine and 15th
century English cuisine, but I would expect more variation between the
cuisine of Charles VI and the cuisine of Henri IV of France.

Seumas

- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.