SC - TI article?

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sun Sep 10 23:14:32 PDT 2000

Muirghen asked:
Unto the list, Help, I am looking for a good black bread recipe for my
Russian/Eastern European feast.  Thank you in advance.

>From earlier discussions here on dark breads, it appears that many
modern dark breads get their very dark coloring from the addition of
molasses and other non-period items. Just something to be aware of.

Anyway, you might find some recipes for dark breads in this file in
the FOOD-BREAD section of my Florilegium:
breadmaking-msg  (203K)  7/ 7/00    Period bread recipes and re-creations.

You might also find these files, in the same section, useful:
breadmaking-msg  (203K)  7/ 7/00    Period bread recipes and re-creations.
flour-msg         (46K)  9/ 7/00    Types of flour. Sources. Period flour.
grains-msg        (39K)  3/31/00    Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.

Since this is a Russian/Eastern Europe feast, you might also find some
of the files in the CULTURES and the FOOD-BY-REGIONS sections useful.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net