SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Sep 11 13:36:41 PDT 2000

> What you fail to see is that the article was not the issue but rather the
> presumption that it is a good thing to encourage readers of an official SCA
> publication to emulate a modern process without giving period or periodlike
> alternative and without specifying that the thing described is not period.

1) I distinctly re4call the phrase 'while it isn't period' being used.
2) and yes, the article is within the scope of the re3quirements for TI as
they are written (go look at them.)
If you want an all 'how to do it period' magazine-- publish one. Article3a
about how to live in the SCA are part of what TI does.

> BTW, pretzels and sausages are period. Orange slices are also period albeit
> sweet oranges in Europe would have been somewhat late in SCA period but
> perhaps not too out of time in the middle east.

Ooh! I'd love to see documentation for modern style pretzels and for
consumption of raw orange slices out of hand, rather than as part of a
larger dish.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

" Oh, Adam was a gardener, and God who made him sees
That half a proper gardener's work is done upon his knees,
So when your work is finished, you can wash your hands and pray
For the Glory of the Garden, that it may not pass away!" -- Kipling