SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Sep 11 15:57:33 PDT 2000

>I suspect it to be an urban legend, though if you are _holding_ a peeled
>banana, insects are likely to want to investigate this sweet-smelling
>thing in your hand. But I am told that taking alot of brewers' yeast or
>eating alot of garlic will keep biters away. And thanks to the amount of
>garlic I seem to be eating, I haven't seen any vampires recently... ;-)

I lived in Thailand for 3 years when I was younger and the ex-pats swear by
taking a daily dose of vitamin B complex for a few weeks before entering a bad
mosquitoe area.  I thought it was an urban legend at first but it did actually
work to a minor degree.  Would explain the brewers yeast though....

Drakey.

ps. Mind you, some of those mosquitoes in Thailand are not stopped by 3" of
battleship plating...