SC - food and bug bites

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 18:45:57 PDT 2000

The latest 'helpful warning' going around Caid is that
allegedly,
eating bananas
increases a person's attractiveness to biting insects.
 Any info about
that?

Just eat stuff with garlic in it and you shouldn't
have to worry about it too much. I have heard that the
sweeter your diet the more appetizeing you are to bugs
that bite. But garlic and some say onions in the diet
are supposed to help keep them away. (along with any
kissing partners...)
Something else to keep the bugs away, those lavendar
baby washes. My husband doesn't use them, my son and I
do. We were by the river at an evening fighter
practice, and my son and I didn't get a single bite,
he got several. (I know that's not food related, but
it's a good cheap non toxic thing to do that seems to
help..)
Nisha