SC - food and bug bites

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 12 09:37:19 PDT 2000

david friedman wrote:

> At 4:50 PM -0400 9/11/00, Jenne Heise wrote:
>
> >When the heat is bad, it's hard to
> >get anyone to eat anything, especially unfamiliar foods or combinations of
> >foods.
>
> One way of dealing with that problem is to make the fighters familiar
> with the foods in advance, by providing them at events, fighter
> practices, etc.
> --

YES!  We plan to test recipes on fighters at practice all over.  We've got most
of them used to sekanjabin already, thanks to you and your recipe.  We are the
Period Food Patrol, you will be assimilated... <grin, duck, run>

>You might also want to consider Barmakiya. It's in the _Miscellany_.

Check.  Will test that on the Rattan Guinea Pigs.

Also:  Honestly, I know how to document meat pies for SCA period in general, I
was just interested in Judwiga's particular source and more info on Polish and
Russian sources in general.  Found excerpts of the Domostroi online, and now
consider myself better-informed.

Selene
selene at earthlink.net