SC - Help!!!!

Kim Nagata knagata at telusplanet.net
Tue Sep 12 19:12:52 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/12/00 4:09:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< Do you have evidence that sweet oranges got to the Middle East
 earlier? I'm pretty sure they were coming from China, so it is
 plausible enough, especially given the close ties between the Ilkhans
 and the Mongol rulers of China.

 --
 David/Cariadoc >>

I have a few notes indicating that Citrus sinensis, the ancestor of sweet
oranges, is probably native to Southeastern Asia. Since Islam was trading
spices with that section of the world, it would make since that they came
into contact with this fruit earlier than the barbarous tribes in the North.
I am still working on getting all my notes and facts together for an article
for To Serve It Forth regarding origins of various citrus trees. You will be
the first to see it. Perhaps you would be so kind as to give me a critique
before I submit it? Anyhow, I have nothing concrete merely supposition.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/