SC - Quiche

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Sep 13 08:21:44 PDT 2000

This must be why I dont care for many period foods.( I keep trying! But I am now trying to focus on the things that I find that are not savory/sweet.) I just don't like sweet and savory together. The only thing I do like on the list is the bar b que.

I really dont think that its just a cultural thing. I havent liked my food 'mixing' since I was a baby. I have always needed a separate plate for Thanksgiving, for the cranberry sauce, and Waldorf salad. My parents dont mind if they have the savory stuff mixed with the sweet...other than my step father just doesnt care for sweets.

I think it is still a matter of individual tastes rather than just a cultural thing.....though I know that what you grew up and is what you are familiar  with does play a strong part in it.

Ilia