SC - OOP-Black Bread Recipe

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Wed Sep 13 16:59:01 PDT 2000

Elizabeth wrote:

> bread was. I remember that Chiquart, after going through in detail
> the meats, spices, eggs, dried fruit, etc., needed for his
> prospective feast, says rather dismissively:
>
> "And so that the workers are not idle, and so that they do not lack
> for anything, there should be delivered funds in great abundance to
> the said kitchen masters to get salt, pot-vegetables and other
> necessary things which might be needed, which do not occur to me at
> present."

Taillevent says pretty much the same thing, IIRC, regarding the simple
[vegetable] pottages which, he says, any housewife knows how to make and
which need not concern us here. Le Menagier does include some recipes
for these, though. I guess his bride wasn't just any housewife.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com