SC - shortbread file now in the Florilegium

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 13 23:20:56 PDT 2000

Magdalena commented:
> Interestingly, there also seems to be a bit of a line between hot and cold foods.
>  Hot applesauce?  Cold meat pies?  Shocking!

This also seems to be an individual thing.

I don't eat much applesauce, but either hot or cold can be fine. Actually,
I think I might prefer hot, especially with a sprinkling of cinnamon or
brown sugar.

Cold meat pies? I have to think hard to remember if I've ever eaten
one hot. Of course, I'm thinking of the small handpies and not the
big round ones. Lately, we taken to making some of these for lunches
at Gulf Wars and such instead of sandwiches. And particularly in this
situation, we always eat them cold. After some of the recent conversations
here, we may try them out of bread dough instead of pastry/pie dough
and see if that cuts down on their crumbling.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net