SC - OOP:tomato sauce

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 14 11:23:54 PDT 2000

Everyone,

   I made a tomato sauce with ground beef and the following spices:

     Parsley
     Basil
     Oregano
     Garlic

     (I can't tell you amount of spices because I didn't measure any of it.
 I put it in til it tasted good.)

  It came out really good except it seems to be exceptionally acidic.

   Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it less acidic since I still
have a whole pot full, without mangling the taste, and secondly does anyone
think/know what could've caused it. Could it be too much garlic and basil?
I guess the tomatoes could've been more acidic than usual, but it's never
happened before.

  BTW, can't add sugar to it.  That's a no...no....no....no...in my house.
FBI won't let me do it, says his mother never did and he doesn't want it
that way!

   Angeline