SC - Re: SC finding recipes

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Thu Sep 14 14:18:28 PDT 2000

Thank you Elizabeth and Adamantious,

Actually Rumpolt has 100+ veggie recipes (from artichoke to cabbage, carrots
to rice, roots to....OH heck, tons...)  but as you said they are not listed
in the menus I have translated so far...
I may just have to serve an assortment of veggies with the courses and
presume they just didnt mention them... I cant afford a feast like he
outlines (rabbit, venison, mutton, beef, pork, and tons of birds are a bit
pricey on their own.)

Is there interest in having me post the 4 menus for kings (an early and a
late meal on meat days, and and early and a late meal on fast days) to this
list?  It is LONG,  about 5 pages worth of material, and so far still a rough
translation, with some puzzlement words that I will ask Thomas to help with
when he returns.  It does give an interesting overview of what Marxen thinks
should be served to this elite company of Hungarian and Bohemian kings....

In service to the dream,
Gwen Catrin von Berlin
NOT being a spoon tease, just  not wanting to overwhelm the list.

<snip>
>> I remember that Chiquart, after going through in detail
the meats, spices, eggs, dried fruit, etc., needed for his
prospective feast, says rather dismissively:

"And so that the workers are not idle, and so that they do not lack
for anything, there should be delivered funds in great abundance to
the said kitchen masters to get salt, pot-vegetables and other
necessary things which might be needed, which do not occur to me at
present."

Elizabeth/Betty Cook
<<