SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2598/Chicken Names

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Thu Sep 14 21:27:51 PDT 2000

Among my favorites are "Eat Drink, Man Woman" and "Tampopo," which is
my favorite - i've seen it 3 times.

"Like Water for Chocolate" is lovely and touching; if you haven't
seen it, i recommend it.

I thought "Babette's Feast" was boring, but maybe it was just the
mood i was in.

For "interesting" restaurant scenes, there's "The Cook, the Thief,
his Wife, and her Lover" by Peter Greenaway (one of my favorite
directors)

And don't forget that black 1973 French comedy, "La Grande Bouffe",
in which 4 depressed middle-aged men - Marcello Mastroianni, Philippe
Noiret, Michel Piccoli, and Ugo Tognazzi - rent a villa and proceed
to eat themselves to death each in a different way.

And there's always "Eating Raoul"...

Anahita al-shazhiyya