SC - 4 banquests 4 kings

Martina Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Sep 14 13:54:21 PDT 2000

Hi Adamantius,
No, I realize you're not "playing" but I asked about jerky
documentation because it seemed likely to me that the
indigenous Americans weren't the only ones to kill something
then find a way to preserve it.  Yes, these were sunny
places, but a number of other nomadic or semi-nomadic
peoples were in climates where drying something would be
possible.

No, convenience isn't, IMO, the only value of jerky.  It is
a good source of protein that is light to carry and doesn't
spoil, and this is handy for events that do not have a
midday meal or for times when you don't have access to such
luxuries as refrigeration.  It is useful for people that are
having a blood sugar problem that requires something more
than pure glucose.  It also tastes good (when made well, of
course), which is to me of great value.  At a weekend event
I served myself and friends, among other things, jerky with
various mustards.

So there it is. :)
In Service,
Serian