SC - jerky documentation?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 15 08:10:09 PDT 2000

Adamantius wrote:
> _Movies I haven't seen so can't classify_
> Like Water for Chocolate
> A Chef in Love

I saw A Chef in Love recently & it's a fun fluffy movie, but it wasn't a big
food movie for me, more about the life of a chef than a glorification of the
food they create...

Due out shortly is what looks to be a GREAT food movie: Woman on top

Cariadoc replied to Serian:
> >Well, it would have been hard for Africans who came as
> >slaves to bring anything over with them at all.
>

> It wouldn't have been hard for them to bring knowledge with them, and
> since the peanuts were already in the New World, having originated
> there, ...   .

Sadly I had to return the Oxford Companion to Food for a few days before I
can check it out again, but we looked this up last weekend for the NewWorld
OldWorld food game Demo:  apparently peanuts originated in Peru, were taken
to africa & then brought back to *North* America along with the slave trade.

Eden
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com