SC - jerky documentation

Ann Sasahara ariann at nmia.com
Fri Sep 15 11:53:16 PDT 2000

>>> Philip & Susan Troy<troy at asan.com> 9/15/00 1:57:22 PM >>>
Um, normally I don't like it when people do this, but I have to ask in
this case. Do you mean people from the island of Crete, or cretins,
formerly used to describe victims of a chromosomal disorder resulting in
severe birth defects, including mental retardation, and now generally
applied to really stupid people? Or something else? I'm betting on
cretins, but you never can tell these days. >>>>>>

No apology necessary.  I did, indeed mean the really stupid, uncivilized type of person.  My own little personal derivation of the word is from the dislodging of indigenous people centuries back after (IIRC) volcanic catastrophe, and those people then decending on civilizations and running amok with lack of couth or social eptitude for the cultures they rambled to.  I actually do know the word is cretin, but chose to spell it otherwise as a personal inside joke.

However, those people now from Crete never were on the top of my list of people to invite to my house <g> . . .  mainly because I never met any.

niccolo difrancesco
(who alos knows that while ear spoons come from Bohemia, they are not hygiene tools)