SC - beef vs veal in recipes

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Fri Sep 15 15:21:25 PDT 2000

Niccolo wrote:
>  It came to pass that my dear friend, a 40+ year old attorney of
>Southern rearage and dyed in the wool sweet tea drinker was
>trnsferred from GA to Camp Hill, PA for his job.  one of his
>greatest laments was that no one up there had a recipe for sweet
>tea, it appeared. (SNIP)

- -----

Whew, i'm glad i don't live in the south. I'm just not that into
sweet stuff. (i do love hot stuff, though)

In Indonesia all coffee and tea are made ahead of time and presweetened.

When i was there with an intensive language program (we were for the
most part in grad school or already teaching and getting ready to do
research), most of us would ask for unsweetened coffee or tea. The
Indonesians had difficulty providing it, since it was already
prepared.

When one of the students got hepatitis, the Indonesians shook their
heads, tsk-tsk'd, and said it was because "kurang makan gula" -
didn't eat enough sugar.

Anahita al-shazhiyya
just naturally sweet