SC - jerky documentation?

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Fri Sep 15 15:04:01 PDT 2000

>"Eating Raoul"
>
>;-)
>
>Cindy

I already mentioned this, perhaps my posts got lost... So, just to
annoy everyone...

From: lilinah at earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:00:06 -0700
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: SC - Was: Period cooking? - Now: Foodie Movies

Among my favorites are "Eat Drink, Man Woman" and "Tampopo," which is
my favorite - i've seen it 3 times.

"Like Water for Chocolate" is lovely and touching; if you haven't
seen it, i recommend it.

I thought "Babette's Feast" was boring, but maybe it was just the
mood i was in.

For "interesting" restaurant scenes, there's "The Cook, the Thief,
his Wife, and her Lover" by Peter Greenaway (one of my favorite
directors)

And don't forget that black 1973 French comedy, "La Grande Bouffe",
in which 4 depressed middle-aged men - Marcello Mastroianni, Philippe
Noiret, Michel Piccoli, and Ugo Tognazzi - rent a villa and proceed
to eat themselves to death each in a different way.

And there's always "Eating Raoul"...

Anahita al-shazhiyya