SC - Foodie Movies

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Fri Sep 15 12:17:57 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Beatrix of Tanet

> was told that chili includes brown sugar- Brown sugar!! I've never eaten
> chili with sugar in any amount <shiver>

I have a microwave recipe for a chilli (well, I assume it is what we are
discussing here - it is a tomato based sauce made with mince [ground] meat
and flavoured with chilli and other herbs and spices) which has a small
quantity of dark chocolate added.  It was one of those dishes which was
"surprisingly edible" in family parlance.  I will post the recipe later (my
hands are not up to the typing just now).

> I've gotten used to saurkraut as a pizza topping

*Urk*  You have got to be joking?!?!  I hate cabbage in almost any form
other than coleslaw but this has to be the most ... interesting ... use for
the vegetable.  Hmmm, note to self: Do_not_ tell Adelle about this flavour
sensation.  She might just go for it...

Gwynydd