SC - MY GLOSSARY - A FEW MORE ENTRIES

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 05:43:07 PDT 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Lady Celia des L'archier said:
> > Other folks will argue that *real* Southern BBQ is the
> > stuff that you get that's rubbed, smoked and sliced and served with the
> > sauce (hot and vinegary!) on the side, while others insist that only
> > country style *pulled* BBQ (cooked *in* the sauce) is *real* Southern BBQ.
>
> Then of course, there is real Texas BBQ. Larger and tastier. :-)

Nah. Just beef. Speaking as a Yankee outsider who had some wonderful
barbecued spare ribs last night from a rotisserie chicken take-out
establishment run by Cuban Chinese ;  ), I feel sufficiently unbiased
(at least in this matter) to claim that both beef and pork are legit,
depending on where you are. Although, for the argumentative, I should
mention that the word barbecue appears to be of south-_east_ern origin,
Carib, in fact, so while both Eastern and Western Rite appear to be
legitimate, there may be a percentage point or two more legitimacy to
Eastern Rite. In matters concerning meat dishes made with The Fiery
Fruit, I would of course immediately defer to Western Rite.

Of course, a congenial host would add considerably to the legitimacy of
either style.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy