SC - food bashing

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 19 04:47:40 PDT 2000

> >     Now for us unenlightened ones, whassat??????
> >           Ari
>
> * An Award of Arms is a basic level award that should be attained relatively
> early in one's SCA career, if one is actively working and playing. Having an
> AoA means you would be Lord or Lady Ari (sorry, I don't know if you are male
> or female.)
>
> Lady Bonne

Ari, Lady Bonne gave a pretty good overview of the two ends of the SCA
award system. For a little bit more on this, you might be interested in
looking at the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium such as
this file:
Getting-an-AoA-art (9K)  6/22/98    "How to Get an AoA" by Gunnora Hallakarva.

And this one in the SCA-SOCIOLOGY section:
A-Peer-Within-art  (7K)  6/ 5/00    "A Peer Within" by Constance de LaRose.

Even if we have misunderstood and you are quite familar with the SCA
award structure, and just didn't get the "bird" referance, I think these
are good articles for anyone to read.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net