SC - OT - Olympics et al....

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 19 05:23:20 PDT 2000

Karen wrote:

> Our illustrious Adamantius said:
>

> It boggles the mind to think such a product could be called
> bland in comparison to Kraft's Miracle Bathtub Caulking. Still
> not as good as homemade, mind you, but definitely a step in the
> right direction.
>
> Adamantius
> - --
> Phil & Susan Troy
>
> troy at asan.com
> <<<<<<<<
>
> Well, well, well,  It is a good thing we usually confine
> ourselves to the kitchen, if we ever stumbled into the minefield
> of politics or religion, the fur would certainly fly.
>
> I am tired of the Miracle Whip bashing!  I have heard your
> opinions on a couple of iterations (and I am not specifically
> pointing at you, Adamantius, there are others of you out there,
> and you know who you are!)
>
> I happen to like Miracle Whip.

I happen not to like it, which is actually irrelevant. Any criticism of
it that I have made, and the entirety of it is quoted above, other than
the question of egg content, has been in response to direct and
unwarranted value judgement. Person A says, "I use MW." Person B says,
"I don't care for MW, thanks, I prefer mayo." Person A, assuming a
personal attack when there has been none, responds with "Mayo bites the
wax tadpole!" Person B says, "Wax tadpole? Are you insane? It's much
better than that pale imitation with an inferiority complex!" Etc. etc.,
und so weiter. Who is the basher here? One can argue that both have
bashed, but ultimate responsibility is with Person A. Armed camps were
formed after the fact, and this is how wars begin. It is through
saber-rattling that they continue, and often that is disguised as a plea
for peace.

> I happen to like Miracle Whip.

Possibly why you feel it is being bashed, and haven't mentioned the
other and more heinous character assauceination that has taken place. We
are simple cheese farmers who wouldn't dream of aggression were it not
for the vile imperialist acts of the totalitarian mayonnaise-haters!
Viva la yolk emulsion!

By the way, jam omelettes are part of the same _classical_ tradition
that mayonnaise belongs to...

Harumph!

Adamantius <grumble grumble naddagrimmish>
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com