SC - Iron knees

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 19 08:03:47 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/19/00 2:57:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Niccolo writes:

> BTW, what are you stuffing them with.  I seem t orecall your saying it was
> grinder on a kitchen aide?
Yep, kitchen aid grinder with a stuffing attachment.

I just invested in an auction item: Enterprise 8
> qt. sausage stuffer.  I'm hoping to make the stuffing part 'no brain
simple'
> with this jewel.
Kewl. I thought about getting one, but I need a new FP soon (I've just about
burned mine out) and I wanted to try out one. Lady Jasmine lent me hers (and
I still haven't gotten it back to her, it keeps calling my name
"Hauviette...., come stuff with me, come grind with me" . Its really
distracting. ;)

Just load in 15# of meat and start cranking.  The press
> mushes the meat out through the tube into the casings (I know . . . that is
> trick all in itself to manage that much gut at once).

Just shorten your casings. I find about 3 ft works well at a time, but YMMV

I look forward to
> sharing experiences next month when I get going full tilt.  Making my own
> batches of Sheboygan Brats just makes my mouth water!  OH! and Menagier and
> Weslerin sausages as well . . . add some Platine red or le Menagier
mustard,
> and you got a party!

Oh, yum. Let us know how in great detail!

Hauviette
Itchin to stuff something