SC - RE: Odd and Interesting foods

Luanne Cupp Bartholomew luanne at bartholomew.com
Tue Sep 19 19:10:07 PDT 2000

I was raised on MW, I assume my folks didn't care for mayo (I've never seen
a bottle in their fridge).  I however eat and enjoy both Miracle Whip,
Hellman's or home-made mayonaise.  Since I'm lazy, I use the blender recipe
in Joy of Cooking. I don't care whether or not the cornbread has sugar in
it -- I love it either way, although I use a sugarless recipe for making
cornbread dressing, and a buttermilk recipe with honey otherwise. I do
drink sweetened iced tea, but I have to use the "pink stuff" (Sweet & Low)
because I'm diabetic. I've been known to keep a jar of simple syrup in the
refrigerator for those who like sugared tea without the layer of
undissolved grit at the bottom of the glass.  Leanna