SC - tea and a question...

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 20 21:09:22 PDT 2000

Nisha Martin wrote:

> Has anyone else discovered Lady Grey tea? Twinnings
> makes one. It's like earl grey except it has lemon and
> orange peel in it. Not tons, just a touch. It's really
> quite good.Does anyone know when earl grey tea showed
> up? Or how it came to be named after these nobles?
> JUst curious, and I thought this would be the palce to
> ask:)

I just found a BBS post archived at:

http://www.bensonassoc.com/pct/bb/messages/221.html

om just this subject. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info
therein, at least not without further research. The gist of it is that
it is named for Earl Grey of Howatt Hall, a Prime Minister of England in
[part of] the 1830's. See URL for details.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com