SC - Cheese and the FDA

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 06:26:11 PDT 2000

At 07:30 AM 9/21/00 -0400,Mordonna22 at aol.com said something like:
>I certainly hope you are not talking about my favorite tea, Lapsang Souchon.
>It _is_ an awuired taste, but the smoky flavor and aroma are quite soothing
>on a cold winter night.  I take it with a lot of sugar, and nothing else.
>
>Mordonna The Cook ( wishing she had a cold winter night so she could curl up
>with a cup of Lapsang Souchon)

I an acquired the taste for Lapsang Souchong when I dined regularly with a
Cantonese Opera Club. But since then I've discovered a very unusual, and
wonderful, use for it.

Ever heard of Thai Iced Tea? It's along the same line as Vietnamese Coffee.
You brew the tea even stronger than usual (then cool if possible), put over
ice with sweetened condensed milk and stir vigorously to blend.

I doubt it's a period beverage, but if the Vietnamese Coffee is how they
drink it in Vietnam, then I'm reasonably certain the tea is consumed that
way also. And on a very very hot day (Potrero at 100+degrees), the Thai tea
is sooooo heavenly going down.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.