SC - Preserving eggs.

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Thu Sep 21 09:40:28 PDT 2000

It is apothecary measure, which is based on the Troy measures.  Drachm is
another word for dram and is equal to 1/8 Troy ounce or 60 grains.  A
scruple was 20 grains.  I wonder if he may not have made a mistake here by
equating the dinero with the scruple rather than the pennyweight (24 grains
or 1/20 of an ounce).

Bear