SC - Manual de mujeres #112-115,133,136

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 17:08:51 PDT 2000

About the only "odd" family food I can think of (for my family at least)
is something my Dad used to make.  He called it "English monkey" (from
English mankee or some such), and said it'd come down in his family 5or6
generations from some great-greats who'd been missionaries in India in
the early-ish 1800s.  Basically, you finely chop up an onion and saute
it in a little butter, and add either some chopped up fresh tomatos or
canned (but no juice), and then mix in a bunch of eggs that you've
beaten (like for scrambled eggs), and a little curry powder, salt, and
pepper.  Cook just as you would scrambled eggs.  Looks pretty nasty and
tastes _divine_. <g>
- --Maire