Was Re: SC - Yorkshire Pudding

Joan Nicholson gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Fri Sep 22 06:04:05 PDT 2000

> What is this $150 a plate crap?

Um. When you have a 'FUND-RAISING' dinner, the cost of the tickets is
SUPPOSED to exceed the cost of the meal, so that you make a tidy profit.
Otherwise, you wouldn't be raising funds for the cause involved. (This
differs from the SCA feast in that the meal itself is the purpose: we are
not raising funds for something else with profits from the feast.)
I'm not sure why people are failing to follow this. (Think of charity
benefit functions, ok?

The people coming to this event were not coming to eat the food, they were
coming as a stylish way to donate money to the museum.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."