SC - rare foods at feasts-rant

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Sep 22 06:15:21 PDT 2000

> If you wish to take the attitude that they are not entitled to the feast,
> then it should be a seperate fee (as it is with a few events that I've seen
> where they needed to limit the number of people at the feast.) Then your
> point would be valid.  Otherwise, they have a right to expect value for
> their money.  This does *not*, however, mean that they should expect to
> like everything on the menu, only that they should expect not to have to
> expend even more money feeding themselves, as you suggest.

In the East (and I think in Aethlemarc), generally the on-board fee is a
separate fee that covers only the feast. Dayboard/lunch and whatever
breakfasts are served (if they are served) are usually part of the site
fee. Which is why I worry more about giving all the attendees food they
can eat at a dayboard than at feast... if they don't like the feast menu,
or they can't eat what is on it, they can go off board. But they paid for
the dayboard.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."