Was Re: SC - Yorkshire Pudding

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 22 08:12:11 PDT 2000

> Most events in both Aethelmark and East have the event fee, with or
without a
> dayboard and a separate fee for the feast. That is what he means by going
> 'offboard' to an event.

hmmm... then his post is even more confusing to me, because if they *have*
paid for the feast, then certainly they should expect to be fed, but
conversely if they have chosen to purchase the feast then they should
expect to be fed medieval foods.  if they do not expect to like what they
would be fed, then they should not pay for the feast.  That's simple logic.

I know that I've been out of things for a while, and that things may have
changed, but the last time that I had access to a Popular Chivalry, event
fees were still mostly feast-inclusive, so the feast fee was part of the
event fee.  In which case one does not have the choice to go "off board"
without incurring additional expense for your meals.  While this may not be
a problem for many, for others (I started as a poor student, so my
perspective often comes from that place) it's not reasonable to expect them
to pay for an event which includes feast and then hop out to McD's.

> I frequently go offboard to events, being ultra allergic to mushrooms,
and many
> people using commercial stock bases and otehr conveniences with 'natural
> flavors' that quite often have mushroom essence or tropical products [my
other
> main food allergy is palm or tropical products.] I will also go offboard
if I
> don't like the menu for the feast.
> margali

I agree that the best solution is to always give the feasters the choice...
but my *experience* has been that this was generally not the case.  If
things have changed so that feast fees being seperate is the norm, then
that sounds like a good thing as it gives people choice.  Is that the case
in most kingdoms now?  Is it a kingdom by kingdom thing or an event by
event thing?

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier