SC - Corrupted unreadable text?

Luanne Cupp Bartholomew luanne at bartholomew.com
Sat Sep 23 16:03:13 PDT 2000

Olwen said:
> After you make the cheese you line the press with cheesecloth and fill it
> up.  The press has liquid escape holes.  Depending on the type of press you
> have, you may needs to adjust the pressure as more liquid escapes.
> Eventually, depending on the cheese type, you take it out of the press and
> let it age.  Some you wax, some you don't.
>
> We have made some really really good tasting cheese that did not turn out to
> be swiss and was really ugly.  We couldn't stop eating it.  We are hoping to
> find the error of our ways again...

But what do you use for a cheese press? Do you use one that your purchased
commercially? Did you make it yourself? I'm imagining something with
a large screw thread pressing a disc in a bucket. Or did you simply
use a drilled plastic bucket, a circle of plywood or plastic and a
bunch of wieghts? Would the latter work?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net