SC - Period Restaurant?

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 19:36:10 PDT 2000

- --- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> Yes, these are very general comments to which
> exceptions can probably
> always be found. Pompeii is however not in the
> medieval time period.
> While it existed then, I doubt there was too much
> bread making going
> on.

Stefan,
Why do you doubt there was too much bread making going
on in Pompeii during the Middle Ages?  One of the most
important finds in the Pompeii excavation was (were?)
a pair of Bakers Rings...which not only indicates that
the Bakery profession was in full swing, but also that
they had "Unionized", or created Guilds.  The rings, I
believe, were in the possession of Chef Luis Zathmary,
and now reside in the Johnson and Wales Culinary
Museum (though i could be wrong about any of the
statements above)

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who appologizes to his friends here on the list for
his lack of input lately, but he has een very busy
with work and preparing for GWW IV)