SC - quenelle

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 23:13:36 PDT 2000

Someone asked: (It wasn't signed, and I didn't recognise the email addr)
> Lord Stefan li Rous wrote
> > The substitution of the word "course" for "removes" is in fact a very
> > recent change and is still far from being universal throughout the
> > Known World.
>
> Lord Stefan have you thought about adding a common newbee feastcrat errors
> section to the florigium?  What about a top ten things we could go without
> ever seeing done, served, or said at a feast?  For education not bashing
> purposes i mean.  I thought remove was the proper term.  I would like to
> learn about some of these dos and don'ts without reopening old tired
> threads.

Well, that is sort of the intention behind these files in the FEASTS
section:
fst-disasters-msg (50K)  8/ 2/00    Tales of SCA feasts that were disasters.
headcooks-msg    (130K)  8/24/00    Advice for SCA headcooks. Planning feasts.

A few others might also fall in this category like: feast-serving-msg or
high-table-msg.

There are also a few articles on running a feast such as:
Fst-Menus-art     (11K)  4/15/99    "On Rules for Feast Menus"
                                      by Lord Daniel Raoul le Vascon du Navarre.
Run-a-Feast-art   (14K) 11/ 2/98    "About Running a Feast" by Minna Gantz.

Of course if you, or anyone else, would like to write an article on
the top ten things not to do at a feast, either seriously or in humor,
I would certainly be willing to consider it for the Florilegium. You keep
the copyright and I will update articles or remove them upon the author's
request. You could write an article for the Florilegium, get input from
others and then rewrite it later for submission to TI or one of the
various A&S magazines such as "Serve It Forth".

Thanks for the suggestion.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net