SC - Foodie Movies-OOP

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 00:09:25 PDT 2000

Lord Stefan noted:
> You might want to glance at some of the bibliographies and cookbook files
> in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium before you buy any more
> period cookbooks. While some are quite good, some you need to be careful
> of, such as the Fabulous Feasts book you mentioned. While the text
information
> is good, the recipes seem to have little or no documentation to back
> them up
> and in the worst case, many of them seem to be fabrications of the
author.

Thank you, I have done so, that's why I'm salivating :-)

One of the things that I found extremely helpful has been the number of
bibliographies that I've been able to find with lucid and relevant
*commentary* on the books, that's why I *now* know not only how _Fabulous
Feasts_ is regarded but also why I might still want it and *where* it may
be useful and where it will not be useful in my research (which involves
folklore and customs as well as historical research.)   The variety of
informed and lucid opinions and commentary are also extremely valuable to
someone (like myself) who is trying to learn to navigate the waters of the
great sea of information that's out there without having to spend *years*
of study that I don't currently have.

So I am immensely grateful to all of those who have created bibliographies
which include review and commentary, especially those where the source or
author of the bibliography can be researched or queried for their own
positions and style of research as well.   :-)

> My appologies if I've recommended an overwhelming amount of different
> files from the Florilegium lately. Perhaps you can print off these
messages
> for future use or simply keep the Florilegium in mind for future
browsing.

Absolutely no apologies are necessary mi'Lord.  I move all of these
reference referrals into a reference folder for further review and they are
all immensely useful.  Your Florilegium is a wonderful resource, but it is
so bountiful that it does sometimes become a bit overwhelming to navigate
(even though you've done an *exceptional* job in trying to index and
categorize things... you can't be expected to read *everyone's* minds to
know where they would look <s>), so the pointer are always helpful to me.

My sincere gratitude and deepest admiration for all of the time and effort
that you must put into this, and if there is any way that I could ever help
with your volunteer effort, please do not hesitate to call upon me.  I
would be happy to help wherever I can.

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier