SC - RE: Humoral Theory was Period, Peri-oid and OOP

Susan Browning swbro at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 17:33:10 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/25/2000 2:27:45 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<<
 Which raises the question: in the normal noble household, how much
 autonomy did the head cook have in deciding the menu for a special
 meal/feast? Or does the steward, some other officer of the household, or
 one of the family decide the menu? When I say normal household, I mean
 one that has not procured the service of a renowned cook with a
 reputation. >>
I would suppose that varied as much then as it does now, depending upon
whether the head-of-house were a totalitarian or allowed some autonomy in his
servants.
I know that in today's society, among those who can actually afford a cook,
it varies.  Some people demand complete control over such things, and some
don't want to know the details, so long as they are fed well.

Mordonna