SC - Archaeologists Recreate Famous King's Entombed Meal

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 19:30:43 PDT 2000

<<<<<<  sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
Nope. But 'how it was prepared' is the recipe. In this particular case, it is even more specific, since 'how it was prepared' can in fact be answered very simply: it was prepared by roasting. This is not a full and accurate description, of course. But to say that roast turkey is not 'period' is not the same as saying 'we have no period documentation as to the specifics of how roasted turkey was prepared' and treating those statements as equivalent is not just sloppy thinking but leads to misleading statements.  >>>>>>>>>

In the interest of knowing from where this item hails, can you give reference, or is it example for the exercise of the debate.  I'd love to add reference in my library of turkeys pre-1600 being served roasted or boiled or poached or massaged lovingly with lavender oil or whatever.  Also, if there information as to exactly what animal is being given the label "turkey" in the given time and place?  This can and did change at times and places.

niccolo difrancesco