SC - Definitions and Examples: Period, Peri-oid and OOP

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Sep 25 17:13:16 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/25/00 4:51:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

> .. the rule of this
> list that a food is not period unless it is redacted from a recipe from
> the time period produces as clash between the definition of period as
> everyone other than cooks use it in the SCA and this special definition.

A better definition would be that, for example, if a manuscript says that
roast beef was served with a sauce that the recipe is given for and a cook
serves the roast beef without the sauce then it is not documentable as having
been served. If a mustard sauce recipe says that it is to be served with
roast beef and then the roast beef is served without the sauce, it's service
is mere supposition and no proof exists that it was ever served without the
required sauce.

Ras
The big answers I have. It's just some of the little ones that elude me.-D.
Koontz