SC - period turkey info and recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 26 00:31:46 PDT 2000

>From: Nisha Martin <nishamartin at yahoo.com>
>
>I get my rosewater for food use at middle eastern
>stores. There is one on Lower Greenville in Dallas
>taht has 16 oz bottles frm 1.99 to 4.00 a bottle,
>depending on brand. It's a traditional drink ...SO it's not got anything in
>it except water
>stuff you get at the drugstore or for aromtherapy use
>is marked Not for Food use and is MUCH more expensive.
>Theres my two cents worth.
>:)
>Nisha

There are also small 'vanilla extract' sized bottles of much more
concentrated rosewater.  If used in vanilla extract sized quantities, many
people will eat the resulting product, if used in the quantities sometimes
called for in the middle ages recipes, not only will you go broke, but the
dish will so reek of rose scent that I'd bet not many people will eat it.  I
didn't know the more dilute version existed, can't wait to try it.

By the way, my new favorite breakfast:
a cup of very strong, thick, Lebanese yogurt
a drop or two of the concentrated rosewater or orangewater
a big spoonful of grapenuts cereal

stir, and enjoy!