Master of the Hall? Re: SC - Re: SC- feast options was rant

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Sep 26 10:42:29 PDT 2000

> How "not done" was it? Was it simply raw in the middle, or was it just
> not-sufficiently-plywood-like to be recognizable by
> them-as-likes-it-that-way to be considered done? I ask because 20
> minutes for the roast and 20 minutes per pound is a fairly good (and
> fairly common) indicator of doneness when you're cooking in an oven, and
> a lot of people aren't aware that rare pork (cooked, say, to an internal
> temperature of 145 degrees F.) is perfectly safe with regard to the
> major perceived threat of trichinosis, which is killed at 137 degrees F.

It was pink-to-red on the inner third. It tested 150 after ten minutes of
rotating with the electric heat element off after the actual cooking time
was over. I like pork very much, but I've neaver eaten pork as a red
meat...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."