SC - Re: Master of the Hall?

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Tue Sep 26 23:14:34 PDT 2000

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa said:
> It was pink-to-red on the inner third. It tested 150 after ten minutes of
> rotating with the electric heat element off after the actual cooking time
> was over. I like pork very much, but I've neaver eaten pork as a red
> meat...

Can you adjust the temperature? I don't remember that you mentioned
the temperature you used. Since the outside was overdone compared to
the inside, my thinking would be to cook it longer at a lower
temperature. Or to perhaps cook it at the lowerer temperature for
awhile then raise the heat to brown the outside.

But I've not had the chance to use a rotissarie and I'm probably one
of the least experienced cooks here.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net