SC - Re: Master of the Hall?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 06:59:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/27/0 1:44:22 AM, ddfr at best.com writes:

<< Which raises an interesting question: Is providing advance
information on ingredients more common with cooks, or in areas, where
feasts are kept reasonably close to period than elsewhere? >>

I don't know if others do it in the East, but I do. I got tired of having
people come up to me on Feast Day and telling me their "allergies".(Even
after they have had time all month to contact me). If I post it ahead of
time, and leave recipes and ingredient lists near or on the Kitchen door, it
saves me from answering all these people. I give a general list of
ingredients, andI don't stray from them. My interpretation of how much is in
something is left up to myself and the tasters in the kitchen.

I do try to keep it close to period as I can manage at all times. (I have
standards to follow, Adamantius lives here......)

Andrea MacIntyre
Ostgardr, East