SC - rare foods at feasts-rant

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 27 07:28:38 PDT 2000

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Who is Bob??
>
> >From: "James F. Johnson" <seumas at mind.net>

> >When we served a feast together (she as "Bob" as marshal of the hall, me
> >as kitchen steward) it worked well. The menu, buying of food, cooking of
> >the meal, kitchen staff, and the territory of the kitchen were all mine.
> >I handed the food on the serving dishes to her (him) and the servers.
> >The table settings, servers, the organizing of the procession into the
> >hall (with some precedence), the announcing of the courses before each
> >one, and the hall space were all "Bob's". Neither of us were the event
> >autocrat.

'Bob' is my 'cousin', who looks remarkably like me and shows up
occasionally in situations where it is inappropriate that a woman take
on a certain task (such as Marshal of the Hall- I have absolutely no
evidence that a woman ever performed those duties). Daughter Rotrude
says Bob is brash and annoying. I wouldn't know- Bob never seems to be
around when I'm at an event, though his clothes get loaned out alot.

Besides, haven't you seen Blackadder II?

'Lainie
who can't sleep...