SC - Adjustments, ethical or otherwise

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:20:33 PDT 2000

Yes, people with a peanut allergy generally have problems with peanut oil as
well.  This particular allergy is a vicious one.  I like to use peanut oil for
deep-frying because it has the highest smoking temperature of all the edible
oils, so I can get it REALLY hot.  Plus, I like the flavor.

I tip my hat to thee, for being conscious of your own allergy problems and for
volunteering to help in the kitchen as well.  If I had a nickel for every dip
who showed up at the feast and =then= insisted we make them something else
because the pre-published menu didn't have anything they could eat... *sigh*  At
that point, I usually direct them to the restaurant map and wish them luck.

Thanks again, Selene