SC - liver (was rare foods at feasts-rant)

Wed Sep 27 11:44:46 PDT 2000

First of all, Lilinah,  I'll get in touch with the cooks guild lady here,
they worked out this recipe at their August meeting.  I didn't attend, but I
heard they liked it.

Then, Selene wrote:

>I just bought a small packet of cacao nibs, about one ounce or so, at Whole
>Foods
>Market in Los Angeles

I was disappointed in the spices available at WholeFoods in Costa Mesa and
Tustin--not what I was used to in the WholeFoods stores back in NC.  Should
I make a trip into LA for replenishing my spices?  I let things run out
before moving, and am rapidly using up what dribs and drabs remain.

Sooner or later, I must get into LA to return the air mattresses and bedding
that Huette loaned us, perhaps I might as well make a shopping plan for that
day.

>But for the spice seeds and chili pepper, this seems to closely resemble
>the
>ingredients list of Mexican chocolate tablets, which contain chocolate
>nibs, sugar,
>cinnimon and sometimes vanilla.  I have a vile habit of eating them
>straight, but I
>also make a pleasant sweet bread with them based on a cocoa bread recipe
>from a
>breadmaker book.

I've been known to eat the chocolate tablets as candy, so you are in good
company.  As for the sweet bread: Recipe, please!

Bonne